To do our part to combat the country’s opioid crisis, NECA Penn-Del-Jersey has partnered with the Allied Trades Assistance Program (ATAP). Too many people in our community fall victim to this epidemic and some of the highest rates of illicit drug use this year — and in the past — are reported by workers in construction.
ATAP is a nonprofit group created by the Philadelphia Trade Unions to contain costs and promote improved service delivery for drug and alcohol abuse, mental health concerns, and related issues to union members, retirees and dependents. Free online substance abuse prevention training, specifically intended for the construction industry, is available on ATAP’s website here.
How to Register:
- Visit alliedtrades-online.com
- Click “ATAP Training” along the top toolbar
- Create your own username and password
- Complete the security questions
- Begin the training and complete the modules
- Once the training is complete, you will receive a Completion Certificate
ATAP is asking all organizations to have their apprentices, journeyman workers, union leadership, and employers complete this training and promote it to employees.
To learn more, contact Ken MacDougall at firstname.lastname@example.org.