NECA sponsored the JBKnowledge ConTech Roadshow, a one-day event for construction professionals to participate in educational training and discuss how technology is changing the industry, in partnership with the Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) on Thursday, July 13.
With the goal of further evaluating business IT strategies, attendees heard from key speakers on everything from drone regulations and safety management to mobile data security and BIM implementation. Popular sessions and notable speakers included:
- Revamping Jobsite Productivity Through Tracking & Analysis Tools | James Benham, JBKnowledge CEO & ConTechTrio Host
- Apps for Construction – Exploring Affordable Solutions, The Five Job Site Workflows and Where Mobile Fits In | Rob McKinney, ConAppGuru & ConTechTrio Co-Host; Dan Rueter, Project Manager at Binsky & Snyder; and Ken MacDougall, NECA PDJ Business Development
- An Inside Look At How BIM Is Transforming Construction | Josh Bone, BIM/VDC Specialist & ConTechTrio Co-Host; James Benham, JBKnowledge CEO & ConTechTrio Host
- How Drone Technology is Redefining Project Success | James Benham, JBKnowledge CEO & ConTechTrio Host
- Virtual Construction – Prefabrication Challenges and Lessons Learned | Tim Bodor, Manager of Virtual Construction at H.T. Lyons; Adam Cartwright, Manager of Preconstruction at H.T. Lyons; Josh Bone, BIM/VDC Specialist & ConTechTrio Co-Host
The day ended with a discussion about technology in business and live product demos on the show floor. NECA and MCAA sponsored the post-event reception at the Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel for networking and collaboration among peers.
Do you think your business is up to date on the latest technology trends? We encourage you to find out by taking the sixth annual Construction Technology Survey. The survey aggregates responses from building professionals and generates key data and insights to help guide technology use.
Thank you to those who share the Chapter’s commitment to learning about new innovations that move our industry forward.