At the SkillsUSA Council Annual Meeting on October 12, 2017, Penn Del Jersey Chapter, NECA Governor and President of West Side Hammer Electric, Luke Cunningham, was honored with the prestigious Leadership by Example Award. The Leadership by Example Award recognizes an individual who exemplifies the principles the SkillsUSA Council instills in students and promotes the value of career and technical education. Recipients are chosen based on their involvement with the SkillsUSA Council, their commitment to advancing career and technical education, and community impact.
SkillsUSA Council is a coalition of business and industry partners committed to finding, fostering, and producing a world-class workforce through career and technical training to support local economic and community growth in the Greater Lehigh Valley.
In a time when there are manpower shortages throughout the electrical industry, the SkillsUSA Council helps educate and prepare students that are ideal for the NECA/IBEW Apprenticeship Programs. For more information on the SkillsUSA Council, visit their website here.
For Luke, community and industry involvement has always been a top priority. Listed are just some of the Boards and Committees Luke is involved in:
- Governor and Board Member for Penn Del Jersey Chapter, NECA and past President
- Chairman for IBEW Local 375 JATC and Trustee of IBEW Local 375 Labor Management Committee
- NECA National Workforce Development Committee Member
- Trustee of Central Pennsylvania Small Works Committee
- Chairman of the St. Luke’s University Health Network, Allentown Campus Community Initiatives Committee
- Chairman of the City of Bethlehem Electrical Board
- Chairman of the Bethlehem Area Vocational-Technical School Joint Authority
- Chairman of the Lehigh Valley Workforce Investment Board
- Chairman of the Bethlehem Economic Development Corporation
- Board Member of the St. Luke’s University Health Network, Allentown Campus
- Board Member and Vice Chairman of the Bethlehem Area School District Authority
- Board Member and past Chairman of SkillsUSA Council
- Board Member for the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation
- Board Member for the City of Bethlehem Civil Service Board of Engineers and Electricians
- Past Board Member of the Bethlehem Rotary
Congratulations Luke on this achievement and thank you for your commitment to the Chapter and industry.